Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Piriformis Stretches

So, I was laying in the MRI tube yesterday wondering about various stretches to help rid me of piriformis syndrome (if in fact I do not have a femural stress fracture) when it dawned on me that I had yet to check online. A quick Google search revealed a YouTube link to a guy demonstrating the exact stretches I was looking for. While I would likely have found these in my various books, it was awesome to find a quick video demonstration. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtUgS69rPk. I've done these both yesterday and today and am seeing some great results in reduction of both pain and tightness. Although this should never serve as a substitute for an examination by a medical professional, a little self-help can go a long way to assist in recovery.

No comments: